Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Aug 30 19:41:45 EDT 2003

<zsh-users-help at sunsite.dk> wrote in message

Hi, exmlm

> To confirm that you would like
>
>    python-list at python.org
>
> removed from the zsh-users mailing list, please send an empty reply
> to this address:

zsh-users-uc.1062283803.okifnhokaldgjdaajooj-python-list=python.org at su
nsite.dk

> Usually, this happens when you just hit the "reply" button.
> If this does not work, simply copy the address and paste it into
> the "To:" field of a new message.
>
> I haven't checked whether your address is currently on the mailing
list.

Then you are a pretty dumb program.  I bet it is not.  You should know
that any 'user' called xxx-list is another mailing list and that any
attempt to subscript or unsubscript such is a casual or malicious joke
(possibly from viruses, as probably with this case).  What would you
do if I forged an email trying to subscribe/unsubscribe zsh-users
to/from itself?  Would you send a messege asking it to reply?

Tempted programmer

PS. Anyone know what mailman would do?