python quickie : retrace function steps?

Batista, Facundo FBatista at uniFON.com.ar
Wed Aug 20 12:30:03 EDT 2003

You need the inspect module:

http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-inspect.html

.	Facundo

#- -----Mensaje original-----
#- De: s0199583 at sms.ed.ac.uk [mailto:s0199583 at sms.ed.ac.uk]
#- Enviado el: Miércoles 20 de Agosto de 2003 1:20 PM
#- Para: python-list at python.org
#- Asunto: python quickie : retrace function steps?
#-
#- hi all,
#-
#- If I was to make a function call another function, and from that
#- function, call another function (so that now I was in a 3rd function)
#- something like this:
#-
#- (function 1)
#-      |________(function 2)
#-                     |________(function 3)
#-
#- Is there away I can print out the path my Program had taken
#- (i want to
#- do this as part of my error checking, so a user would always know the
#- path my program took)?
#-
#- i.e. printted output of error would be:
#-
#-             error with function 3
#-               function 3 called from function 2
#-               function 2 called from function 1
#-
#- In perl there is a function called CALLER, which I have used to the
#- same effect, i was wondering if python had something similar
#- for this?
#-
#- cheers in advance,
#- matt