Here's one way you can help

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Aug 14 00:25:54 EDT 2003

    Skip> See the patch I just submitted at

    Skip>     http://python.org/sf/788509

    Skip> ....  Feel free to attach comments to it.

I should point out that one of the most consistent needs on the development
side of things is for people to review bug reports and patches.  Such review
can take many forms from, "I tried the patch.  I worked for me on the
SnarfBlatt 803" to critiques of writing, enhancing content (like attaching
more glossary entries to the above patch) or submitting code which you feel
addresses a bug or patch submission.  Don't worry if you're not a C
programmer or a LaTeX whiz.  You can focus on Python language items and
submit doc enhancements as plain text.

How might you keep up-to-date on new bug reports and patches?  It just so
happens that every Sunday morning at 7AM a cron job runs which summarizes
new bug reports and patch submissions for the Python project on SourceForge.
That report is sent to the python-dev mailing list.  Here's an example:

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2003-August/037561.html

If, like me, you suffer from a little bit rot and won't remember to visit
the python-dev mailing list archives every now and again, let me know and
I'll add you to the distribution.  If enough people are interested, I'll
start a Mailman-managed list expressly to catch that mailing.

Skip