py2exe service and tool-tray app combined?

JanC usenet_spam at janc.invalid
Sat Aug 16 00:17:26 EDT 2003

Thomas Heller <theller at python.net> schreef:

>> Also, if anyone knows, I assume services don't run on 9x, so I want
>> to 'simulate' a service there by having the same .exe do all the work
>> (and appear as a tooltray app), so here's another reason for having
>> one .exe
>>
>> Can it be done?

You don't need a tooltray to create a pseudo service on Win9x.
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/win9x/95scm_28qb.asp>

> Not sure. Best would be to change the win32all serviceutil framework.
> But I'm not sure it makes sense nowadays - win98 is history.

I know multinational companies that use Win98SE as their standard desktop
OS (one of them upgraded from Win95 last year).  As they want to use the
same "environment" in every part of the world and on everything from new P4
desktops to old P2 laptops, Win2K/XP isn't an option...

--
JanC