What's better about Ruby than Python?

Heiko Wundram heikowu at ceosg.de
Tue Aug 19 15:43:01 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 11:50, Alex Martelli wrote:
> X.test is not a function -- it's an unbound method; to call it, you
> MUST therefore pass it at least one argument, and the first argument
> you pass to it must be an isntance of X (or of any subclass of X).

Too true, I think I thought of classmethods/staticmethods when I posted
that... Guess that makes much more sense... It was early in the morning,
forgive me... ;)

And for the rest, I don't find it bad to specify self as a first
parameter, anyway, as I can then always grab it using *args.

But, okay, I'll refrain from posting any code tonight, guess I'll get it
all wrong again. ;)

Heiko.