PyQT installation problems

Stelian Iancu stelian.iancu at gmx.net
Wed Aug 20 05:54:59 EDT 2003

Hello all!

I am trying to install eric3, the Python IDE. I've downloaded and installed
successfully sip-3.8, QScintilla-1.2 and PyQT-3.8. However, when I try to
install eric, I get the following error:

Sorry, please install PyQt.

I looked into the install script, then I opened a Python window and there I
tried import qt and I got the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/qt.py", line 25, in ?
    import libqtc
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libqtcmodule.so: undefined
symbol: _ZNK9QSGIStyle9classNameEv

I am using Mandrake 9.1 with the default Python (2.2.3) and Qt.

--
Stelian Iancu
Linux registered user 287835

Be different. Think.