Error solution

Duncan Booth duncan at NOSPAMrcp.co.uk
Thu Aug 14 06:16:36 EDT 2003

Sanjeev Trehan <strehan at asahiindia.com> wrote in
news:mailman.1060852019.2478.python-list at python.org:

> When I write in command line the following eoors come:
> File"<stdin>" Indentation error:Expected an indented block.
> File"<stdin>" return^ lambda x:x+n
> Indentation error:Expected an indented block.
>
> Please solve my problem and explain from where should I start learning
> Python. Waiting for reply.

You typed something before each of these lines and Python was waiting for
an indented block, but you can't have copied your input or your error
messages exactly. Please post again including the lines before the ones
giving you this problem, and this time using cut/paste to make sure you get
an accurate copy.

The tutorial you have is the correct place to start learning Python.