Python vs. C#

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Sun Aug 10 00:08:16 EDT 2003

Brian Quinlan wrote:
> 4. forcing everything into a class is stupid e.g. does anyone really
> like writing Math.sin(x) over sin(x)?

Although tacky at first glance, it's not entirely stupid.  I've written
many, many variations on sin(x) cos(x) because one often wants an efficient
approximation for some algorithmically specific purpose.  They all end up
with slightly funny different names, so why not namespace 'em?  And IIUC,
you could simply write

    using Math

and be done with the issue, I think.

Can't respond to any of your other points, I haven't a clue, which is why I
posted.  :-)  Thanks for the input.

20% of the world is real.