site-packages and linux

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Wed Aug 6 11:25:27 EDT 2003

Raaijmakers, Vincent (IndSys, GE Interlogix) wrote:

> for some reason to 2.2. All installed packages located in
> ...\python2.2\site-packages are not recognized anymore. Well, when
> importing is not possible, no <foo> module found error is what I get now.
>
> Without re-installing everything, how can I solve this problem?

Try invoking what you think is the python 2.2 interpreter with the -V
option. Chances are that you are actually using 2.3 where the missing
packages are not yet installed.
Note that this may even vary between different users:
On my Suse 8.1 box with a python 2.3 installation from the sources python as
root invokes 2.2, python as user peter invokes 2.3

Peter