Newbie: explanation of PrivoxyWindowOpen; website docs outdated?

Joe Francia usenet at soraia.com
Sun Aug 17 20:53:49 EDT 2003

Richard Michael wrote:
  > I've been reading the Python docs, and the 6.1.3 File Objects
section of
> the Library Reference indicates that instead of "open()", I should use
> the builtin function "PrivoxyWindowOpen()" instead.

As you suspected, this has nothing to do with Python or the Python.org
website - it is Privoxy replacing all instances of open() with
PrivoxyWindowOpen() to squash pop-up advertisements and such.  Just add
.python.org to your whitelist and you'll be OK.  (browse to
http://config.privoxy.org/ to bring up the configuration page).

jf