Is there some Python + IDE/RAD for real speed development???

Edilmar edilmar at intersite.com.br
Wed Aug 6 10:11:16 EDT 2003

Hi,

First of all, I'm new in Python...

I have worked with manu langs and IDEs, like Delphi, VB, JBuilder, Eclipse,
Borland C++, Perl, etc...

Then, today I think IDEs like Delphi have a excelent environment to develop
apps with little time. I saw many people talking about Python like a easy
lang to learn and to develop. But I have look at IDEs for Python, or ways
to develop GUIs with it, and I think it already is limited when comparing
with IDEs like Delphi. Is this afirmation true?

I look at wxPython and PyGTK, but the samples showed that we have to write
MANY LINES of code to do simple things. Many people have wrote about the
advantage of Python to write little code, but, when talking about GUIs,
I think it's not really true, right?

Using Delphi, little or none code is need for many things, but wxPython
and PyGTK is the reverse!

Thanks for any replies,