dl + getenv (without arguments) = segfault (python2.p2, python2.3)

Xavier sabu at pure-elite.org
Wed Aug 6 20:56:39 EDT 2003

Skip,

Yes -- that seems somewhat obvious, thanks for the observation though.  I
fully comprehend the responsibilities of the programmer in a situation
where he or she or it would invoke the 'dl' module.  Do note that my
previous e-mail was not implying my possible ignorance to the 'dl'
module's functionality, but instead inquiring wether there is or may be a
solution in the future for Python to handle such an erronous outcome.  And
plus, segfaults are ugly and make me cry.

-- Xavier.