python gripes survey

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Aug 26 09:24:05 EDT 2003

    carroll> If Python used {} to delimit blocks, I could just make the
    carroll> skipped code a block and add a condition to skip it, but with
    carroll> the indentation as the way of showing block scope (which I
    carroll> *love*), I have to indent a big chunk of code to use that
    carroll> method.

In Emacs python-mode, C-c > intends the highlighted region one "step".  C-c
< goes the other way.  This obviously won't help if you're not an Emacs
user, but you might want to check your editor's reference manual for
something similar.

Skip