Burn some books (please)...

David Mertz, Ph.D. mertz at gnosis.cx
Thu Aug 28 13:34:49 EDT 2003

Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it> wrote previously:
|>>Very long ago, some books where burnt in public,

|Very long as in, Winter 2001/2002, for example?
|...as long of course as the books you burn belong to you, that's a form of
|political speech which is just as acceptable as burning a flag.

I just want to point out to the readership that many copies of _Text
Processing in Python_ are available at your local bookstore for public
burning.  There's heresy in that book!  (apparently I trend a bit to far
in an FP direction :-)).

I think I can speak for Alex in pointing out that _Python in a Nutshell_
also makes for excellent kindling.

Yours, David...

--
Keeping medicines from the bloodstreams of the sick; food from the bellies
of the hungry; books from the hands of the uneducated; technology from the