Static class properties (read-only)

Greg Brunet gregbrunet at NOSPAMsempersoft.com
Thu Aug 7 12:19:06 EDT 2003

In puzzling over classes, I'm wondering if classes can have read-only
static properties?  I certainly seem to be able to do create static
properties like this:

class C(object):
    count = 0

    def __init__(self,s):
        C.count += 1
        self.Name = s

    def __del__(self):
        C.count -= 1

and C.count should have a count of the number of its instances that have
been created.  However, someone could set the value directly.  I know
that using get/set methods, I can make a read-only property at the
object/instance level.  Can this be done at the class level?  Thanks,

--
Greg