bitwise not - not what I expected

Graham Fawcett fawcett at teksavvy.com
Sun Aug 17 02:14:50 EDT 2003

Tim Peters wrote:

>>(In case you're curious, I'm writing a script that will play Nim,
>>just as a way of familiarizing myself with bitwise operators. Good
>>thing, too: I thought I understood them, but apparently I don't.)
>>

>You're only overlooking the consequences of an infinite amount of
>information <wink>.

Excellent line! I may borrow that one, Tim; I'll use it on the boss,
next time that he asks why my application doesn't work the way he
expected it to. Or why we ran out of coffee, or why the printer isn't
working... It may need to be accompanied by a smoldering, wide-eyed
Rasputin-ish stare, however, or it might lack the necessary mystique to
supress any further questions.

Of course, after a good night's sleep, maybe it won't seem like such a
good idea. ;-)

nocturnally yours,

-- Graham