Rekall docs ready for download

Istvan Albert ialbert at mailblocks.com
Tue Aug 12 13:07:48 EDT 2003

Terry Reedy wrote:

> You or your webpage designer, like too many others, have opted to
> 'control my user experience' by adding html code to disable Internet
> Explorer's View/TextSize adjustment.  Since you won't let me enlarge
> your teeny type (half the size as in my mail/news reader or at a sane
> site like SourceForge) to where I can read it without eyestrain, I
> will not try.  Goodby.

For what is worth this is an IE flaw really. IE won't override any
absolute text-size requests in the HTML. It will only magnify relative
sizing. But not doing so makes the whole text-sizing option moot.
Formatting takes place in IE not on the server, so why can't make it bigger?

Mozilla for example has no problems magnifying the text. Not to bash
Microsoft, but in some sense the problem is that your browser is
flawed. You can do a lot better and for free.

Istvan.