Update to Python 2.3 on Red Hat Linux 9

Jay Bromley jaybromley at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 29 23:13:06 EDT 2003

Hello again,

> Did you rebuild Python with enable-unicode=ucs4? If not, that is likely your
> problem - it was mine ;<{)
Yes, the second time I compiled Python (I actually paid attention to
the README) I used this option, still to no avail.

I've done some playing and if I can get the sys.path the same for both
versions most of the libraries seem to be ok, so that's the next shot,
doing some more reading to see how I can config 2.3 to have the same
sys.path as 2.2.2.

Incidentally, I mentioned pygtk having to be recompiled for 2.3. This
seems to be the case because (according to an import error message)
pygtk built for 2.2.2 uses a different api than 2.3.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion, I'll see if I can use the source.
Thanks,
Jay