Python signal delivery under BSD 4.4

Donn Cave donn at u.washington.edu
Wed Aug 13 18:46:05 EDT 2003

In article <m3n0eds0bd.fsf at drizzle.com>,
 "Elf M. Sternberg" <elf at drizzle.com> wrote:
>         I'm going to assume you meant 'SIGUSR1' here since that's what
> you're catching in the C code you included.

Right, sorry.

>         However, this variant worked as I've reported:
[... forks from thread ]

I tried it from FreeBSD 5.1, using 2.2.2 built from ports,
and didn't see this problem.  I believe 5.1 has a significantly
different thread implementation from 4.x, though.

Note that there is pthread_sigmask(3) with the same arguments as
sigprocmask(2), and Python's thread_pthread.h does appear to block
all signals that way when starting a new thread.  That's a clue,
perhaps.  If sigprocmask() didn't show any signals blocked, maybe
pthread_sigmask() would, or maybe at any rate you can set the
mask to 0 using one or the other of those functions.

   Donn Cave, donn at u.washington.edu