Is there the same function in python as atoi() in C

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Sat Aug 2 02:43:19 EDT 2003

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 20:55:42 -0700, washu <washu at 127.0.0.1> wrote:

>On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 11:51:54 +0800, Robbie wrote:
>
>> Someone tell me,
>> if not exist, how to write one with the same function?
>> I have made a try, but there is no character type in python,
>> so i failed, someone help me,
>> thanks very much
>
>I may be totally wrong but I believe there is a atoi in the strings
>modules.
Easy to check:

 >>> import string
 >>> help(string.atoi)
 Help on function atoi in module string:

 atoi(s, base=10)
     atoi(s [,base]) -> int

     Return the integer represented by the string s in the given
     base, which defaults to 10.  The string s must consist of one
     or more digits, possibly preceded by a sign.  If base is 0, it
     is chosen from the leading characters of s, 0 for octal, 0x or
     0X for hexadecimal.  If base is 16, a preceding 0x or 0X is
     accepted.

Regards,
Bengt Richter