configure: WARNING: term.h: present but cannot be compiled

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Fri Aug 22 14:18:05 EDT 2003

On 22 Aug 2003 09:57:08 -0700, rumours say that nws088 at bco.com (Joshua
S.) might have written:

>> SGI IRIX has similar problems (and can't compile termios extension)... I
>> believe termios stuff is not that standardised.
>
>hmmm.. I don't suppose you know of anyway to wok around that??

Sorry, no, I haven't had any use for termios so far, and I'm currently
working on making socketmodule.c compile OK without my having to add a
few constants by hand each time... the configure script enables various
POSIX defines for Irix, and these constants are not part of POSIX.

If I ever look into termios, I'll post a patch to SF, which might (or
not) help you :(

>I just installed gcc-3.3.1 because I have heard rumors that
>gcc-2.95.2, our current version, is rather buggy and it was also built
>before the release of AIX-5.1.

Sorry again, gcc produces slower code than MIPSPro on MIPS processors,
so I don't compile python with it.

>Also, I just noticed that there is an entry
>checking getaddrinfo bug.....buggy
>as well when I run configure.  Could this maybe have anything to do
>with it?

Wouldn't know.
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,