Announcing issue 2 of The Agile Developer's Life free eZine

GerritM gmuller at worldonline.nl
Sun Aug 3 14:12:46 EDT 2003

"Borcis" <borcis at users.ch> schreef in bericht
news:3F2D3E18.2020500 at users.ch...
> Peter Hansen wrote:
> > Borcis wrote:

> >>How much of Rumsfeld's special vocab does it port to computer
programming ?

> > Translation, please, anyone?
>
> "Agile" as a buzzword in the current sense, I first heard applied by
> Rumsfeld to the military, so that I naturally concieve of it as an
> interface component to Rumsfeld's mind. Hence "porting".

As fas as I know agile is already a buzzword for quite some time. In the
software world used as opposition against all "heavy-weight" methodologies.
I doubt that Rumsfled invented it, although I do believe that the same
fashion agile/flexible/light-weight is actual for the military.

regards Gerrit

P.S., I used light-weight before I heard others using agile, see for
instance "Light Weight Architectures; The way of the future?"
<http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/LightWeightArchitectin
gPaper.pdf>

--
www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/