PYTHON AND C++

satish k.chimakurthi skchim0 at engr.uky.edu
Mon Aug 11 18:49:07 EDT 2003

Hello all,

I am trying to specify an SIDL (Scientific Interface Definition Language)
interface to a sophisticated C++ code that I use in my project. I intend to
run the code from the python scripting environment. I am trying to use a
software by name BABEL (http://www.llnl.gov/CASC/components/babel.html)
to generate interfaces for libraries or components specified in the SIDL
files.

My ultimate intention is to access the C++ code from python. I have looked
into automatic and semi-automatic interface generators like SWIG,
BOOST.PYTHON and ended up doing nothing useful and so adopted BABEL

Can someone advise me if my approach is the right one ?? Did someone do the
same kind of stuff and thinks that there is an easier way ??

Thanks for your time and help in advance,

With Best Regards,
SATISH

SATISH K.CHIMAKURTHI
GRAD. RESEARCH ASSISTANT