OT: Ocaml?

Graham Breed usenet at microtonal.co.uk
Sat Aug 23 06:19:59 EDT 2003

Paul Rubin wrote:
> Anyone here use OCAML?  How do you like it?  Is it a language a
> Pythonista can learn to love?  From what little I've seen, it looks
> interesting, but I haven't actually tried installing or using it yet.

Yes, I've been playing with it.  It's a good complement to Python in
that it's statically typed with an efficient compiler.  It has an
interactive interpreter, but there are some cases where it feels lower
level.  Like you can't do introspection to the same extent, and it
doesn't have the magic string formatting (or rather, it must for the
interpreter, but I don't know how to get at it).

                               Graham