Bug with win32 open and utf-16 file

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Sun Aug 24 00:29:46 EDT 2003

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 04:13:44 GMT, rumours say that derek / nul
<abuseonly at sgrail.org> might have written:

>Interesting, I have just done the same and it would appear that the hexdump
>routine is changing 0d to 0a ???

A quick glance at the code seems not, but this is not authoritative.

>I don't understand what the data[-2:] is doing, could you explain please or
>point to some notes on this.

This is a slicing operation, prints the last two bytes of the string --
you mean you haven't read the tutorial?

Check strings (and slicing) at:
http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/node5.html#SECTION005120000000000000000

but you better read the tutorial at:

http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/tut.html

(you might have it on your computer already).

Say... :) you don't happen to be an HP owner that found python
preinstalled on your PC, are you?
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,