Problems with python-list?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Aug 22 09:03:26 EDT 2003

Gerhard Häring <gh at ghaering.de> writes:

> Andreas Kuntzagk wrote:
> > Is this [python.org] the same box which handles the registration for the PyPiPage? [...]
>
> Yes, it is the same box.

Well, that depends what you mean :-).  mail.python.org is in a
Baymountain colo facility somewhere in Virginia and is the machine
that has been being clattered by sobig.f.  PyPI runs on www.python.org
which is in xs4all's data centre in Amsterdam and is doing just fine.
*However* registering for PyPI appears to send mail via m.p.o, which
currently isn't happening.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  In that case I suggest that to get the correct image you look at
  the screen from inside the monitor whilst standing on your head.