How do I prevent master window from being accessed with child window present?

Marc mnations at airmail.net
Fri Aug 29 14:12:20 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am doing a gui application where child windows pop up with options
after the user selects particular buttons from the master window.
However, the master window is still active underneath the child
window. If they accidentally press the same button again they can get
the same copy of two child windows, and that screws up a bunch of the
database stuff that I am trying to collect.

I have tried using the 'transient' method, and that prevents the
master window from being highlighted. But the user can still push
buttons on the master window if the child window is moved aside.

How do I disable the master window until the child window is closed?

Thanks,
Marc