What's TOTALLY COMPELLING about Ruby over Python?

Nick Vargish nav+posts at bandersnatch.org
Thu Aug 21 00:00:43 EDT 2003

davesum99 at yahoo.com (smarter_than_you) writes:

> The real question here is, why haven't we all but Brandon in OUR killfiles?

When there's a stinging insect flying around the room, I like to be
able to see it.

Also, his perspective is so different from mine, I find it useful to
be reminded that there are people like him out there. It's fascinating
the way he seems to think everything needs to be a zero-sum
interaction... I mean, _why_ does anyone in the open source world have
to eat anyone else's lunch? Why is market dominance supposed to be
important to pythonistas? It's just good to be reminded that some
people really think like this -- as weird as it might seem to me.

Nick

--
#  sigmask  ||  0.2  ||  20030107  ||  public domain  ||  feed this to a python
print reduce(lambda x,y:x+chr(ord(y)-1),' Ojdl!Wbshjti!=obwAcboefstobudi/psh?')