How to determine row position in a list box

Scott Holmes scottholmes at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 4 20:13:40 EDT 2003

I've been trying to understand nearest(y) but I'm not getting it.  I
have a ScrolledListBox with a list of people's names.  I also have a
parallel list of the unique people numbers used in the PostgreSQL
database.  When a name is selected from the scrolled list, I need to
determine the index value and then find the corresponding people number.

     def selectionCommand(self):
         sels = self.box.getcurselection()
         if len(sels) == 0:
             print 'No selection'
         else:
             print 'Selection:', sels[0]
             print self.nmbr_list[self.box[0].nearest(y)]
             self.lkupTopLevel.withdraw()

Where do I obtain the value y used in nearest(y)?

Scott Holmes                   http://sholmes.ws
                                http://pages.sbcglobal.net/scottholmes
                                scottholmes at sbcglobal.net

   Independent Programmer/Analyst                  Passport 4GL
   PHP HTML Composer                PostgreSQL     Informix 4GL, SQL
       There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
              than are dreamt of in your philosophy