Using urrlib for https

G. Feldman gfyho at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 13 08:47:08 EDT 2003

I'm running Python 2.2 on MSWin XP.  I can successfully download an
http page using urllib.urlopen.  At first trying to download an https
page failed, so I downloaded and installed the SSL socket kit at
http://pypgsql.sourceforge.net/misc/python-ssl.html .

This seems to work for getting me the headers (at least it no longer
fails at the urlopen), but it now gives me

   AttributeError: addinfourl instance has no attribute 'readlines'

Either I'm doing something dumb, or there's an inconsistency in that
the object returned by urlopen isn't the same type for http and https.

Thanks for any help,

Gary