Python newbie help

Gary Feldman gafStopSpamData at ziplink.stopallspam.net
Mon Aug 18 21:00:06 EDT 2003

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:49:37 GMT, none <s at 3ntra.donotfreakingspamme.net>
wrote:

>Your examples follow along with the same thing that I'm describing.
>You have code that works and thorough descriptions that explain what's
>going on but there is no end goal.  I'm not learning how to write a
>program, I'm learning how to write snippets of code.

Just out of curiousity, what other programming languages do you know?  I
ask because the approach currently taken in the tutorial seems appropriate
for people who already know how to program (and that's made obvious by the
opening paragraph in the introduction).  However, if you have no
programming experience, or all you know is JavaScript or perhaps Visual
Basic, then I can see how you might need more.

Gary

PS:  Your posting doesn't seem to match the base note with respect to the
various author fields.  It's ok to hide real email addresses, etc., but it
would be useful if there were some consistent indicator that the two posts
were written by the same person, assuming that's the case.  It could just
be a signature line, even if the sig is just "A Python Novice".