Pyhton 2.3 does not work

Avner Ben avner at skilldesign.com
Sat Aug 30 03:53:50 EDT 2003

I need help with Python 2.3 installation in Windows.

I installed Python 2.3 on both my computers (one running Windows XP and the
other running Windows 98), after first uninstalling Python 2.2.3. In both
computers, Python 2.3. keeps looking for "python22.dll" and would not work.
This happens when running IDLE and when running python.exe and trying to
import anything.

I removed all mentions of pyhton22.dll from the registry and repaired it
(with Registry Mechanic) - no help.
I looked at PYTHONPATH and it has no mention of python22.

Obviously, there is something left in my configurations that uninstalling
2.2.3 would not amend.

The only extensions to Python installed earlier were py2exe and wxPython. I
took care to uninstall them first.

Any suggestions what to look for?

    Avner.