Problem installing ppgplot

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Wed Aug 20 12:33:30 EDT 2003

On 20 Aug 2003 12:38:08 GMT,
> copying build/lib.linux-i686-2.2/ppgplot.so ->
> /homes/emiddelb/local2/lib/python2.2/site-packages

Hm.  Is the /homes/emiddelb/... directory in Python's path?  You can check
by doing "import sys ; print sys.path".

If the directory isn't in sys.path, you can add it by either setting the
PYTHONPATH environment variable before running Python, or by modifying
sys.path; it's just a list of strings, so you can do
sys.path.append('/homes/....').

If it *is* on the path, then I'm puzzled.  Running 'python -v' will cause
Python to print out each filename it tries; maybe the file has strange
permissions or something.

--amk