What's better about Ruby than Python?

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 18 20:26:10 EDT 2003

John J. Lee:
> Would be fun to write a Google API script, keep records, and put up a
> page to plot graphs of some simple metrics...  No doubt somebody has
> done it already.

Even if not, the basic tools exist, like the Google/SOAP interface,
some COM code to talk to Excel, a couple mouse clicks, and poof.
But I'm not interested in the results nor the process, other than to
say it's easy.

> Somewhere, I came across somebody who had graphed nr. of Amazon books
> over the years, by programming language, with a neat web interface
> (maybe that was pointed to by Alex's post, can't remember).

There's also the sucks/rules index.  See
   http://www.lehigh.edu/~sol0/rules.html

Looks like Python rules ... but Ruby isn't on that list.

                    Andrew
                    dalke at dalkescientific.com