Multi-Line Comment

Andrew McGregor andrew at indranet.co.nz
Thu Aug 14 17:14:21 EDT 2003

--On Wednesday, 13 August 2003 12:45 a.m. -0700 Chad Netzer
<cnetzer at sonic.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 00:03, Doug Tolton wrote:
>
>> > (along with block indent/dedent with a decent editor)
>>
>> In emacs what are the key strocks for block indent and dedent?
>
> In python-mode:
>
> C-c >
> C-c <
>

>> Man, I wonder if I'll even learn 10% of the Emacs keystrokes.
>
> I don't even know 1%, but I know the 1% that counts. :)
>
> --
> Chad Netzer

Try

C-h ? ?

which will give you the "help for help", which is how to learn the 5% or so
that you need of the active keys in the modes you use (yes, emacs really
does have that many keybindings!  There are only 38 two-key sequences
guaranteed available for user bindings...)

Andrew

---------
Andrew McGregor
Director, Scientific Advisor