python for non-programmers tutorial?

David K. Wall usenet at dwall.fastmail.fm
Tue Aug 19 10:14:34 EDT 2003

Anthony Baxter <anthony at interlink.com.au> wrote:

> I'm writing a half-day tutorial at work for the non-programmer
> techies (network engineers, database admins, sysadmins, that sort
> of thing) and was wondering if anyone else has already done this
> and made their materials available? I plan to put my slides up on
> the web after they're done...

Here are a couple of tutorials I've bookmarked.

http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/
http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/

I can't judge the quality, because I don't really program with Python.
I'm tinkering with Python in my spare time just to be able to use
another language, and see how things are done differently with Python.

--
David Wall