What's better about Ruby than Python?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Aug 18 15:04:03 EDT 2003

"Brandon J. Van Every" wrote:

> Why do you assume that I'm asking these questions in order to
> understand how
> to program in either?  I want to know what people's *perceptions* are.
> Subscribe to marketing-python if you want to puzzle me out more.

Why do you need to understand _other_ peoples' perceptions, general
marketing trends, and Python marketshare in order to learn it?  You've
already evidently (from your post here and in other groups recently)
decided that you're going to go with Python -- at least that's what you
claim, I'm not entirely convinced -- so why aren't you learning the
language instead of all these other irrelevant things?

If you've truly decided that you're going to use Python, why aren't you
learning the _language_ now -- something you've been putting off for
years -- instead of hunting down all these red herrings?

/  \ Principles have no real force except when one is well fed.
\__/  Mark Twain