error compiling Python 2.3

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Fri Aug 22 21:04:37 EDT 2003

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:51:56 -0400, rumours say that "val"
<val at vtek.com> might have written:

>Hi the Gurus,
>    i'm trying to compile Python 2.3 remotely
>(telnet access). It is Cobalt. Linux 2. mips. gcc 2.7.2.

Cobalt?  Cobalt??  Whatever...
Try reporting things from a little earlier; you might know better than
what I (or anybody else) might assume, but we can't be sure.

Specify URL of the .tgz file you downloaded.
Copy-paste the commands you entered (skip obviously dumb output, if for
example you use the v flag when extracting files) and their output.

The "This file was extended by..." does not sound very familiar, but
it's possible I never noticed it in configure's output.
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,