Script

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Wed Aug 6 15:06:09 EDT 2003

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 16:11:21 +0200, rumours say that Gerhard Häring
<gh at ghaering.de> might have written:

>zze-Support activite PCL RAMSI A ext DvSI/SIReS/LAN wrote:
>> And where could I find this program please?
>
>There's a wrapper for Python in the Python source tree, though that you
>could adapt. Download the Python sources and search for a file called
>setuid-prog.c.

This is indeed a thought-out setuid program (the one in dist/src/Misc).
Just to add my two eurocents, though, here's the smallest, most-insecure
and dirtiest setuid C program I have used for quite a few years:

/* user.c */
int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    return execvp (argv[1], argv+1);
}

(Hint: it returns only if execvp fails)
Compile it, strip it, chown root, chmod u+s, use it as

user <program name> <args> ...
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,