Python speed vs csharp

Mike mike at nospam.com
Sun Aug 3 11:09:23 EDT 2003

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 22:59:03 +0200, Jan Decaluwe wrote:

> Mike wrote:
>>

>> improvements. Part of the problem with the full simulation is that psyco
>> gobbles up all my available memory if I use psyco.full(), so I've been
>> experimenting with psyco.bind().
>
> What about psyco.profile() ? I understood from Armin Rigo that's
> the preferred interface.

Since the slow portion of code is well known, I didn't bother to try
profile(). However...

Since you mentioned it, I gave it a try, and there's no difference in the
results between using psyco.bind() on the slow routines and psyco.profile()
on the entire simulation. However, the difference in effort, and
corresponding reduction in liklihood of programmer error, is enough to
justify using the single psyco.profile() line vs multiple psyco.bind()
lines.

Thanks,

-- Mike --