PyXML and 4Suite

John Marshall John.Marshall at ec.gc.ca
Wed Aug 6 12:27:58 EDT 2003

Hi,

Some questions about PyXML and 4Suite I hope
someone can answer:

1) What is the relationship between PyXML
   and what 4Suite is offering (Ft.* modules)?
2) Which package is recommended? It seems that
   the 4Suite package has stuff that is much
   more performant vis-a-vis PyXML.
3) Is 4Suite better performing only if the
   light-weight DOM is used?
4) Are there many differences between the two
   besides a few import statements and document
   creation calls (e.g., setup for using specific
   readers)?

I am currently using PyXML, but am looking for
more performance. The document load/DOM-build is
quite slow under PyXML (though I certainly appreciate
the work that has gone into it).

Thanks,
John