Multi-Line Comment

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Mon Aug 11 20:30:26 EDT 2003

Doug Tolton <dtolton at yahoo.com> writes:
[...]
> How do you comment the block of text with Emacs?  That is what I'm
> using for my code editor.

C-c #

I use C-x r k to uncomment (kill-rectangle), but I'm sure there must
be an uncomment-region in there somewhere...

> I was wondering if a triple-quoted string not assigned would work, but
> I hadn't got arround to trying it yet.

The only trouble with TCSs is that emacs gets confused more easily
than with '## ' multiline-comments.  And recent CVS python-modes have
had broken docstring fill (still broken, actually, whitespace gets
collapsed sometimes... must file a bug).

John