Howto MACRO in python ?

Bob Gailer bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
Tue Aug 12 13:13:59 EDT 2003

At 10:42 AM 8/12/2003 +0200, Bill Loren wrote:
>I was looking for a guidance about how to code MACROs in python.

We do need to know what you mean by MACRO and what you want to accomplish:

Macro has MANY meanings:
http://frontier.userland.com/stories/storyReader$3281
http://www.macros.com/
http://www.bradchoate.com/past/mtmacros.php
In Visual FoxPro there is macro substitution: you assign a character string
to a variable (e.g. asdf = 'Joe') the reference it &asdf which substitutes
'Joe". Neat in that it can be used for commands, command parameters, within
literal strings, ...
Then there are macro assemblers, macro biotics, macro lenses
In MS Office macros were the predecessor of VBA
There are tools for recording macros (recording user interaction via
keyboard and mouse).

Bob Gailer
bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
303 442 2625