cPickle alternative?

Michael Peuser mpeuser at web.de
Sat Aug 16 03:05:45 EDT 2003

Hi Drochem,

(1) Your dataset seems to break the binary cPickle mode ;-) (I tried it with
the "new Pickle" in 2.3 - same result: "EOF error" when loading back...) May
be there is someone interested in fixing this ....

(2) I run your code and - as you noticed - it takes some time to *generate*
the datastructure. To be fair pickle has to do the same so it cannot be
*significantly* faster!!!
The size of the file was 5,5 MB

(3) Timings (2.2):
Generation of data:   18 secs
Dunping:  3,2 secs

(4) I couldn't refrain from running it under 2.3
Generation of data: 8,5 secs !!!!
Dumping: 6,4 secs  !!!!

So your programming might really improve when changing to 2.3 - and if
anyone can fix the cPickle bug, protocol mode 2 will be even more efficient.

Kindly
Michael

"Drochom" <pedrosch at gazeta.pl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:bhjn6v$pi8$1 at nemesis.news.tpi.pl...