Converting foreign numeric conventions to US

Michael Peuser mpeuser at web.de
Thu Aug 14 12:54:30 EDT 2003

<PoulsenL at capanalysis.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I have a number of text fields with different ways of exressing currency.
> .....but I was hoping for a cleaner more pythonic (read:
> more readable) solution.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Loren

There certainly is none! And it's not a matter of programming language -
it's a matter of AI and maybe neural networks ;-)

I think any regex will be fine. You can try doing some more analysis when
you have multiple consistent data (i.e. look through a file and try to find
out what their "system" could be).
This will break however when the data is not generated by a programm but
input by a human (with changing attitudes and typos now and than...)

Kindly
Michael P