py2exe service doesn't work, can't connect to service controller ?

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Fri Aug 22 16:24:29 EDT 2003

"Brad Clements" <bkc at Murkworks.com> writes:

> I edited the svc_run.exe file and changed PyWinTypes22.dll to
> PyWinTypes23.dll. py2exe now builds a distribution that does not use any 2.2
> Python components.
>
> However the service still fails to load after installation with the
> following error:
>

> The description for Event ID ( 240 ) in Source ( MyService ) cannot be
> found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
> message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following
> information is part of the event: 1063, The service process could not
> connect to the service controller..
>
> Has anyone been able to get py2exe services to work with 2.3?

Brad,

I've uploaded a new py2exe binary installer for Python 2.3.

<http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/py2exe/py2exe-0.4.2.win32-py2.3.exe?download>

There may still be problems with the event log (the descriptions are not
found), but otherwise at least the py2exe sample service works
correctly.
Well, you can install, start, stop, and remove it ;-)

Thomas