Emacs [was: Re: Multi-Line Comment]

Francois Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Aug 13 08:00:51 EDT 2003

[Doug Tolton]

> Man, I wonder if I'll even learn 10% of the Emacs keystrokes.

And then, you'll realise than pre-made keystrokes are only a small part
of all available commands.  And then, you'll realise that all available
commands are only a small part of all available functions.  And, of course,
all of the above is only a small drop in the ocean of possibilities given
by the capability of extending the editor with new functions.  At times,
I wonder if this should be seen as comforting or frightening. :-)