Python 2.3 and mod_python

Ravi rxs141 at cwru.edu
Sat Aug 23 20:35:13 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am considering embarking on a project with mod_python. However I am
wondering if the mod_python interpreter is embedded or actually calls
the python executable. The documentation says the former, so I am
wondering if there is a seperate pythonpath for the interpreter in
mod_python. What version of CPython is mod_python analagous to? Not 2.3
I'm guessing. I'm heavily reliant on 2.3 features, it would be difficult
for me to go back to 2.2.

Also, if mod_python does have a separate pythonpath and interpreter,
could someone please point me to a tutorial on how to install modules in
mod_python.

Thanks,
Ravi