FOUND! how to attach to running instances of Internet Explorer

Jordan Tucker plz at solic.it
Sun Aug 3 17:20:43 EDT 2003

> Also, I haven't been able to determine if there's a better name of the
> form 'InternetExplorer.Application.1' instead of using the horrid
> class-id.  How do you do that?  The makepy output for explorer doesn't
> list one.

The relevant MSDN page[1] lists the ProgID as 'Shell.Windows' or
'ShellWindows._NewEnum'; however when trying to dispatch with either as the
class string fails. Also, searching the registry reveals nothing for the
CLSID.

[1] http://tinyurl.com/ix1z , i.e.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_basics/shell_basics_programming/objectmap.asp