Is Python your only programming language?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Aug 12 03:34:31 EDT 2003

Joe Cheng wrote:

> I want to ask you hard-core c.l.p Pythonistas: Do you use Python for
> everything?  (and I'm counting Python + C extensions as just Python)
> Or do
> you keep another language equally close at hand, and if so, what is
> it?  And
> finally, do you foresee a day when Python can be, for all practical
> intents
> and purposes, your only programming language?

I get paid to write C++ or C, use Python for recreational projects, and
use shell, Python, or (rarely) Perl for administration tasks.  For
recreation and exploration I play around with a variety of other
languages, including Io, APL/J, Logo, Prolog, Scheme, and so on.

/  \ I will always remember / This moment
\__/  Sade